Sunday 31 May 2009

Back to Vinyl

I've officially started collecting records and it's surprisingly exciting. I always hated the idea of collecting something because it sounds like the sort of thing that people do when they find themselves living alone at 40 with no friends and driving themselves to insanity, with hundreds of cats for company - the sorts of people who might collect Nazi memorabilia or something. Its a bit like going on a adventure to a lost world finding all this old, forgotten music. It's a cheap and cheerful way to spend your change and you could find something potentially valuable.I'm not a serious 'record collector' but it is fun. I just can't decide whether to buy an old or new record player but there are some lovely ones on ebay. Like this one -One hour long visit to oxfam got me some fun old stuff - Dexy's, Dolly Parton, The Trammps, The Commodores, who I hate but they have 1 or 2 good songs, 'You're The One That I Want' from Grease and Bananarama - for less than a fiver. And even though the music's kind of shitty I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment