Sunday 28 February 2010

Malick Sidibé

I can't say I'd ever heard of Sidibé until I read the Guardian's Weekend yesterday. I loved the pictures featured, as much as I don't really like the magazine as a whole (dare I say it). But back to Sidibé, he's a black and white photographer of the 60s and 70s, predominantly. The photos portray an interesting take on life in Mali, where he's from, which I don't think can be found anywhere else. Fascinatingly, he still photographs the very same way: black and white and film. The pictures show his eye for pattern and composition and reflect to the audience the great deal of fun which he has as the photographer and the people he photographs have as models. They are, in my opinion, very beautiful.





I'll certainly be taking a trip down to The Lichfield Studios to see his exhibition

No comments:

Post a Comment